State of Maryland
Small Business Reserve Program
The current Small Business Reserve(SBR) system was integrated into the State of Marylandâ€™s new eMaryland Marketplace(eMM) on February 21, 2012; the new eMM replaces all of the functionality of the Old eMM.
If you did not renew your SBR certification prior to February 10, 2012, you will be required to submit your new application through the new eMM. If you are not registered in the new eMM system as a vendor, please register at: eMaryland Marketplace; the new eMM will allow vendors Â to apply for new SBR certification, and current certified SBR vendors can renew their SBR certification through this new system as long as they are a registered vendor in the new eMM.
The State of Maryland Small Business Reserve Program is committed to the growth and success of small businesses. For the first time, small businesses will be able to bid for State contracts without competing with larger, more established companies.
As of October 1, 2004, designated agencies will be required to award a minimum of 10 percent of their units' total dollar value of goods, supplies, services, maintenance, construction, construction related, architectural service and engineering service contracts to small businesses.
The designated agencies are as follows:
- State Treasurer
- Department of Budget and Management
- Department of Business and Economic Development
- Department of the Environment
- Department of General Services
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Department of Housing and Community Development
- Department of Human Resources
- Department of Juvenile Services
- Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
- Department of Natural Resources
- Maryland State Department of Education
- Department of State Police
- Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
- Maryland Department of Transportation
- University System of Maryland
- Maryland Port Commission
- State Retirement Agency
- Maryland Insurance Administration
- Maryland Stadium Authority
- State Lottery Agency
- Morgan State University
The reserve does not apply to procurements that are
subject to existing preferences for State Use Industries, Blind Industries and
Services of Maryland, and sheltered workshops, and to procurements for which
this program would represent a violation of federal law.